Saturday, November 6, 2010

Take Comfort.

I went for a run today on a trail that runs through St. George. 
As I was running along, I came across some side-walk chalk covered pavement. 
The chalk messages were for someone who had a birthday and walks on that trail, different people wrote memories they had with that person. 
This reminded me of my best friend, Stef. She did the same type of thing for me on my birthday. 
She gave me a jar full of memories from my friends. It was one of the greatest gifts I have ever received.
It's a strange concept: Memories. 
It seems crazy that memories could be such a wonderful gift to give someone, but they are. 
Life is constantly shifting and changing. You never know how long your routine is going to last, and when it ends.. memories are all that remains. Memories comfort us, at least me, especially while going through new changes and making big decisions. 


My favorite memory of this mystery birthday girl that I read on the trail:

"I can't recall one single rain storm where you weren't outside kicking, dancing, and becoming soaking wet. Happy Birthday. Love, Dad."

"Take comfort wherever you can." -The Weepies.


Some of my favorite memories...

















1 comment:

  1. Very true.

    One thing that I find most disconcerting is how easily manipulated memories can be....

    ReplyDelete