Friday, November 12, 2010

airports.

I love airports.
They make me think.
I wonder what people's stories are
I wonder where they've been
where they're headed and why?
Are they going to say goodbye to a dying relative?
or maybe they're going to see an old friend..
no matter, it's intriguing.

It's so diverse here
you see so many people
some of their homes are easily identifiable 
by the way they are dressed or talk.
Business men's suits and blackberries glued to the ear
pretty much say it all:
Corporate America hard at work.

And then there's me..
leaving on a plane to see where the next part of my life could possibly go
who knows?
it's exciting though.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around. ---- from the movie Love Actually

    ReplyDelete