Tuesday, October 5, 2010

True Beauty.

Tonight I attended the Homecoming Queen Pageant at Dixie.
I personally think that pageants these days are so outdated. I wish it were more about personality and all around beauty, instead of swim suits and talents.
That aside, it really got me thinking. Every single one of those 16 girls up on that stage was beautiful in her own way. They were not all stick skinny with the "hollywood ideal" body, perfect hair and teeth, and excellent public speakers... but they put themselves out there, and that deserves props.

I realized that the reason these girls were all so beautiful is because they were all so different. Our differences define us and make us who we are, beautiful human beings.
Each person has so much to offer, just like all the contestants did. I wish more people could see their own self worth and individual qualities that make them so great.

I challenge all of you to look at yourself in the mirror today, notice the thoughts and feelings that start arising when you look at different parts of your body.. turn those thoughts into positive feelings. It may sound ridiculous, but it can make all the difference. (for example.. thought: my thighs are so big. positive thought: I am so grateful for my strong legs that help me run, dance, and do all the things I love to do.)
This can work for non-physical things as well. I encourage you to really look at yourself as a whole and try, even just a little bit today, this week, or this month.. and find great qualities. Work on loving yourself.

Remind yourself that no one does a better job of being you, than you.

"Believe in your dreams and they may come true, believe in yourself and they will come true."


beauty in all shapes and sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment