Saturday, December 4, 2010

little things.

I woke up yesterday and had the sudden urge to go running.. not a usual thing for me, so I decided I better take advantage. I began running and listening to my favorite songs on my ipod, which are NOT your typical exercise "pump up" tunes. I realized that running is SO much better when you just take it how you want.. don't force yourself to run if you don't feel like it, it's OKAY to walk a little bit here and there. Enjoy the outdoors and the experience, instead of focusing on how many of last night's cookies you are burning off.
Enjoy the little things, like a run with your favorite music, a hot shower, warm towels fresh from the dryer, a good night's sleep, a cup of coffee, a good joke, or anything that makes you smile.

As much as I always complain about St. George and being here... now that I'm in my last weeks here, I'm starting to realize all of the little things I will truly miss..
Starbucks Sundays with Betsy- aka. Church.
getting in touch with my inner ghetto here at Dixie Cove.
Jerkercising- Betsy and I made up "jerkercising" it is basically just doing the reject for as long as you can.. it is a great workout.
Going to swig with Haley and Vince to get ourselves a Dr. Pepper.(Swig has the greatest dr pepper)
Waking up at 2 p.m. on the weekends with nobody else awake yet.
Midnight walmart runs.
Dance parties.
My public speaking class- our entire class became friends since we spent so much time talking in front of each other.
Walking by bedroom #3 and stopping to break it down for a minute. (They always blast rap music)
Sawyer's perma-smile.
reading by the pool, the same crew walking by asking if I want to get high with them, and I turn them down, every time, but they continue to ask. haha
Josh's signature top ramen and burrito lunch.
Taylor, my super-liberal atheist friend.
hanging out with Vince and complaining about no sleep because everyone is too loud.
being a true starving college student with literally no money for anything.

I love this place, but all good things must come to an end. As much as I love it, I don't think I could last another semester here.. my grades would definitely prove the lack of sleep and studying that goes on here.

1 comment:

  1. You are closing this chapter of life but will be embarking on a great new chapter in San Diego. I admire you that you are following your dreams, taking a risk, doing what you want. I love you! MOM

    ReplyDelete