Wednesday, November 16, 2011

life as a road.

A year ago today I had just returned from my first visit to San Diego where I met one of the greatest families I will ever have the opportunity to meet. I thought my life was headed in a completely different direction than it is now. The idea of a new place was a haven, an escape.

Funny how things work out.


Tonight I spoke with an elementary school friend who said something intriguing, "How did we get here?"

Every experience, conversation, mistake made, heart broken, trial, friend lost or missed opportunity we have ever had in our lives have brought us to exactly where we are right now. The road of life is full of stop lights, crossroads, and road signs that are subtly guiding us to our destination. Someone or something, whether it be God or the universe, drew this place on a map for us. It is up to us to find the joy in it or choose to fight it.

This amazing place I am in now has become my haven. I feel so lucky to have found a place I am content with and set goals for myself that I am working toward, all in good time. No more rushing life.







4 comments: