Friday, August 26, 2011

This is a ride, not a fight.

 As I sit in my room of the home that I know will always be my home,
listen to the sounds of my favorite pandora station,
and look around to see my material life as I know it scattered around me waiting to go north
I am realizing this never gets easier, no matter how many times I do it... and no matter the distance I am going away.

It's strange how there is always that one place where you feel okay no matter what. Sure, San Diego is an amazing place and there are many other places cooler than Jenna's room, The Black Household, Pleasant View, UT...
Every time I come back to this room I am a changed person from the time before, yet being here always feels the same. Always feels right.

        "I never realize how much I like being home unless I've been somewhere really different for a while." -Juno

but just as I was telling a few friends the other day.. There is no where in this entire world I would rather be than right here right now.

The past several months have brought interesting experiences, experiences that I needed. I've always been the one itching to get out.. go go go. I still have those ambitions.. but I needed to realize that being 20 and in college with my best friends is exactly where I want and need to be right now.

Thank you to all of my supportive friends and family for everything. You have no idea how much you truly mean to me, really. It's true what people say, it's the people who make a place great, not the actual place itself.

I can't wait to see what this year brings.











"get on your wooden horse... this is a ride, not a fight."

1 comment:

  1. Jenna.... I love what you wrote. I am proud of you. I love you...MOM

    ReplyDelete