Wednesday, August 10, 2011

18 mosquito bites.

I'm slacking, majorly.

I guess that's a good thing though, right?

I've been having a pretty good summer, I can't complain. I went up to Bear Lake over the weekend for Raspberry days and it was super fun.. but my problem lately is that I have not been taking any pictures. I need to step it up. I just hate when people miss out on actually living in the moment because they are too busy trying to photograph it.

So, yes.. this weekend was great! Friday night my good friend Arthur played a show at the basement in Ogden. It was a lot of fun because it was just him playing and everyone who came danced and had a good time. :)

Saturday Paige and I headed up to Bear Lake and stayed with a bunch of people we didn't really know in a sweet lakeside condo. haha It was an adventure. We had a lot of fun though. My favorite part actually was the drive home. It sounds lame, but it was one of those summer moments that make you remember it forever. Like the time my dad, my brother, and I got lost on our run in Fussen, Germany and ended up in the Bavarian Alps with fireflies and frogs all around us. Anyway, Paige and I were driving through Logan Canyon with the windows down blasting music and singing at the top of our lungs.

This is going to sound so cliche and stupid... but I honestly did not realize how pretty Utah was until I moved away from it. California is beautiful too but in a different way. I was driving up Evergreen the other day and looked up and realized.. "wow, this is what I look at driving up my street.. that's pretty amazing." So I decided to take a picture. My family has lived in this house for about 9 years and I am just barely noticing these things.
So i took a picture.. I know it's nothing extravagant.. but it was pretty cool to me.

After Paige and I got home we decided to go hike Waterfall Canyon in Ogden. It was so great, and I'm so glad we did it. At the time I didn't want to because I was so worn out from the night before. Once again, no pictures were taken because neither one of us wanted to take our phones on the hike with us. 
So here's one from google.. I know most of you know what it looks like.. but some of my blog stalkers are from California. so here you go-

I can't wait for the fall! It's so pretty and I haven't experienced a Northern Utah fall in 2 years!


Lastly, yesterday was an awesome day as well! I re-united with some friends from Dixie State and we went to dinner and flowrider. It was so much fun, I am proud of myself because I actually stood up on the board and by the end of the session was able to do it without holding onto the rope. San Diego peeps- Flowrider is the same thing as your Wavehouse in PB. 


In one week my girl Stef will be home! I move to logan in 2 weeks! Holy smack. 

:D happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment