Tuesday, April 19, 2011

hundred.

Bum-Buh-na-na

This is my 100th post! Hooray!
That might just mean that I am even that much more of a loser who has way too much time to blog. ha whateva.


So, The Fam is Jewish (I think I have mentioned before)... they aren't anywhere near strict orthodox Jewish, so they don't really go to temple or anything.. only on holidays. Well, it is Passover- which is a week long and last night was the first seder. I don't really even know what seder means, but I am assuming it is some sort of ritual type dealio. Basically we ate a lot of food, drank some wine, read some hebrew (not me because I was the only one there who didn't know it..) and just had a good time. It was pretty cool. I have to admit, though, I wasn't really a huge fan of some of the food they eat for it. Horseradish, parsley dipped in salt water, matzo (basically just a dry cracker). Meh.


This past weekend I went to the beach and got soooooo burned. It's awful. My back kills now. I put sunscreen on but you know there are sometimes certain places you just forget to put it and then you have weird lines.. yep that's what happened to me. 

So the conversation came up already of whether I want to stay past my year here. I have only been here 3 months and it already came up! ha ha S and I had a tender moment, she told me how much she appreciates what I bring to their family and she wanted me to know that they really love me and consider me a member of the family. Times like that make up for the fact that I am not in school living the college life that I miss. I still miss it, but this is what I have for now and I just need to be patient. We always want the next best thing.. stupid humans.
As for if I'm going to stay.. I'm considering it. I really really really and I mean, REALLY want to go to San Diego State and if that means waiting until Fall 2012, I just might have to do it. I just hope that by some freak miracle, they open Spring 2012 admissions!! 

Here's to hoping!

I get to see my brother Jordan in Disneyworld in one month from today!! Yay!! I can't wait.



1 comment: